Saturday, July 3, 2010

Wonderful story of a talented musician who inspires my boy to learn piano

Dear Friends,

When I asked my children what was the best part of today, both mentioned they had so much fun visiting their twenty year-old musician friend. Today was their first practice for a special performance on July 11 as he just came back from Australia where he is pursuing his Bachelor of Art degree. Their special friend had invited them to sing at his 21st birthday party while he accompanies them on the piano on July 11.

He started playing piano at 18. Self-taught and thus, not bounded by the conventions of piano playing, he is able to play by ear, and constantly improvises to different music genres, from classical to contemporary pop. You could feel his passion and energy when he plays. He has natural talents in music and with kids as kids just clicked with him instantly. My kids are blessed to have an older friend they could relate and look up to. My boy is inspired by him to learn piano. I dream of a joint concert by them in years to come....

Cheers!
Loving Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment