Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lovable Despicable Me

Dearest Ashley,

We had a great time watching the movie Despicable Me with Titus. Through the 3 girls, Gru transformed himself from a baddie who steals people's happiness to a loving father who sacrifices the moon for his 3 girls. Remember how he rushed back from outerspace to catch their ballet recital? Remember his childhood memory of how his "nah" Mum discouraged him? Due to this lack of recognition when he was a kid, he vowed to be the Greatest Villian to steal the Greatest thing on earth when he grew up. He became one but still he did not get the happiness and recognition from his mother. However, when towards the end, he was watching the 3 girls' ballet recital with his Mum, she said to him, "I'm very proud of you, son". You could see the sparkle in Gru's eyes. He finally earned the recognition from his mother. To me, that moment was very touching. To you, the part Gru stole the Eiffel Tower was most hilarious.

Besides the movie, I also got to know your best friend, Titus, better. I must say I'm very impressed by him. In the car, he shared with us the incident he almost broke one of the 10 Commandments; At the counter, I wanted to buy him the large popcorn but he told me he wanted the small one as he cannot finish; I got him orange juice but he only asked me for water; he shared good stuff like the new Avatar book series and even brought us to the book shop to buy it; he asked you not to read in the car, etc. He is a Godly, honest and happy boy. Mother is very happy that you are each other's best friend. Last night on our way home, you told me you wanted to be a Christian just like Titus. I can see the positive influence Titus has on you. Enjoy your friendship and fun growing up with Titus.

Yours,
Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment