Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Introduce our kids to cool people with passion

Dear Friends,


It's a little sad watching our kids grow up so quickly. I guess all I can do is to stay devoted to them and be generous with my time with my kids. Instead of wasting time telling them what to do and keep nagging, I try to introduce them to cool people with passion to actively develop their minds, hearts and souls.

As my boy is a music lover, I'll surround him with talented and passionate musicians like the 20 year-old young man who happens to be my friend's son. His uncle is one of the Tang Quartet violinists. I'll share with him that even musicians need the foundation of a good education as both have benefited from the university education and his uncle was from RI (sometimes, I may try too hard. Hehehe).

His music teacher, Jiu Jian is his idol. My boy could memorize new Chinese songs written by Jiu Jian during the 1.5 hour class and he would sing for us in the car. Last week, he sang a new song written by Jiu Jian for his new Chinese Musical Re-kindle Love Sequel in Mar'11. He got my boy interested in Chinese Musical and song writing. My son was so excited that he will be playing the magical dog who turned into a human in the new Musical. He is so serious that he sings the new song everywhere he goes, even waiting for the MRT. I can feel his happiness...

Yesterday I received an email from a friend informing us that he will be shaving his head on 25 Jul 2010 at Vivocity to raise awareness about childhood cancer. I asked my boy if he wants to also shave his head to support the patients. He decided to keep his hair and donate instead. He knows my friend and he wanted to be there to support this kind uncle.

Please show your support for the foundation by clicking on the following link to make a donation:
http://www.hairforhope.org.sg/hfh/shavee/show/848

Through his personal interaction with these cool people, am sure he will rub off some of their brilliance and shine.

Warm Regards,

Loving Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment