Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mummy is proud of your ABC in school

Dearest Ashley,

It pains me when I see you cough so much and so hard. This morning I tried to encourage you to go to school but you said I don't care about you. I care for you with all my heart. Mummy does not want you to skip school. Though the dcotor gave you MC, he also mentioned that if you're ok this morning, you can go school as you have no fever. Seeing you coughing non-stop, I decided to let you rest at home today.

Last Friday, you shared with me that you were the only one in class who volunteered to accompany your calssmate to the sick bed as none of them want to miss the English teacher's lesson. I know how much you enjoy his lesson as he always tells jokes in class. When you told me you volunteered yourself because you feel that accompanying him to wait for his Mummy was more important than one English lesson, I complimented you for caring for your classmate. Though you mentioned your teacher said you're doing ok in English, you know you have to place top priority in your study. I know I can trust you to catch up that one lesson from your classmate.

Yesterday morning, you shared with me you have done your ABC in school:
A - Attentiveness
B - Best Behaviour
C- Courteous

You put in alot more effort in A though some lessons are boring. Mummy is very proud of you for your effort to be more attentive in class. Well done.

Remembered what the ACSI Sec 3 Ruby player said to you when he and his family visited us during CNY? He was from your Primary school and he was an average student till Primary 5 when he decided to study hard for his future. He shone in PSLE and he enjoyed his school life even more now as he got to stay in school hostel, interacting with school mates from different countries in sports, projects and learning. His secret in Primary school?

1. Pay attention in class
2. Study for 2 hours everyday
3. Study the subject in advance so that he could ask teacher Qs on topics he wanted to know more
4. Play sports and less computer games

I'm very proud to have a son like you, talented, caring and creative. I know you want to enjoy and succeed in your Primary school just like the ACSI Ruby boy, JC2 boy and Kieran. You will become like them as they have shared with you their success tips. It is time to listen to good advice and take action. Remember E+R = O? I can guarantee you the positive Outcome when you continue to choose positive Reaction/action. Cheers!

Lots of hugs and kisses,
Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment