Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wise words from two Loving Fathers

Dear Friends,

I feel previleged to meet wonderful people in my profession whom I can learn from professionally and personally. Today, I met a new contact recommended by a dear friend. I was impressed by his professional track record and leadership style. However, it is his words he said to his children that made the deepest impression on me:

"I trust you completely. I support you unconditionally. Live by the Principles of honesty, hardwork and care for others".

He shared with me that though there are times he disapproved certain actions by his children, he tried to understand them as equals with patience. He shared an example that was close to my heart. Instead of stopping his children from spending time at the computer, he talked to them to understand what are they doing at the computer. Thereafter, he never checks on them at the computer. It is so important to walk the talk with our kids.

His elder son is very self-motivated and has decided to study Economics in the US or UK after he completed his 6 years education at Chinese High Integrated Program.

When I shared this wonderful story with my hubby how my contact interacted with his children, he agreed but added the most important thing is Ashley must be ready to learn. He must come to his own realisation the importance of study and we cannot push or try to accelerate this self-discovery process. We just have to continue to guide and support them unconditionally. We may plant 1000 seeds and only 1 seed may grow and we cannot dictate the timeline. A dose of wisdom from my hubby...

Best Regards,
Loving Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment