Monday, July 5, 2010

My sweet little Princess

Dear Friends,

I drove my 4.5 year-old girl to her 1st coloring contest yesterday. 3 hours later, she earned herself her 1st trophey. Not too bad for a little girl to emerge 5th out of 15 children. In fact, my hubby and I are still scratching our heads where her artistic genes come from as both of us can't draw. She could spend 1~2 hours by herself doodling and coloring and she always has a nice story for each drawing. Once, I brought them to take the roller coaster ride in Escape Theme Park. Few days later, she would show me her roller coaster drawing with her and her brother screaming away in the monster ride. So far, I've filed more than 100 drawings and counting.

My mum-in-law and I feel that she takes after her daddy's gentle and giving personality. Sometimes, when her brother got scolding from us, she will say to me, "I want Mummy loves my brother more". Then, she would shake off my hands and want me to hold her brother's hand. When I tried to hold both of their hands, she stepped back and refused to hold my hand. I was very touched and troubled by her action. I tried to explain to her that I love both of them but she only held my hand when her brother asked her to do so.

I'll always remember the night we rushed her to KK A&E hospital for a suspected fractured arm as she kept crying and holding on to her arm when she was two years old. We burst into laughter after we saw her reaching out to get the 2 sweets from the Doctor. She immediately popped one sweet in her mouth and kept the other one for her brother. Her love for her brother is simply shown in that precious sweet. We are very lucky to have such a thoughtful and kind daughter.

Warm Regards,
Loving Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment