Monday, July 12, 2010

Love is Listening

Dear Friends,

I'll like to share with you the following list of Qs I read from a book:

1. Who's your child's favourite teacher?
2. Who's your child's best friend?
3. What was the incident that hurt he the most?
4. What was his proudest moment?
5. Who he admires most?
6. What kind of girl he wants to marry?

I got all answers correct except Q3. I was surpirse when he shared with me that a close relative called him useless in the fit of anger a year ago. I assured him that he is a very talented and kind boy and I'm very proud to have a child like him. As adults, we must be careful with our words when we talk to children as our words can build up or tear our children apart.

His proudest moment was when he emerged Champion in his school's talent contest. I received my greatest compliment when he said he admires me the most and he wants to marry someone like me but with very long hair.

The road to the heart is the ear. We must listen to their feelings first and later focus on the information. I listen when he chats with me in the car, bedroom, bathroom and wherever we go. Learning to listen to our children brings immerse joy as I get to know my children as individuals. Kids have so much to share with us and the best gift we can give them is our undivided attention and our listening ears.

Best Regards,
Loving Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment