Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mum, I'm in my Tortoise costume as the volunteer for Speech & Drama

Dearest Ashley,

When you shared with me you are the only one in Drama club who volunteered for 2 days during recess to help in the new enrollment, Mummy is happy to hear that you stepped forward to help promote your Drama club. When I asked why you volunteered, your reply almost threw me off my chair! You replied, "At least I can talk." You really enjoy talking, don't you.

You also shared with me that you feel awkward walking around in the tortoise suit. However, Mrs. Chang encouraged you by saying your tortoise suit is very cute. Mummy also shared with you that you look adorable in that suit too. Your enrollment exercise will be more efffective if you wear the suit as people from far or near will know you're from Drama club the instance they see you compared to you wearing school uniform, right?

Keep up your volunteerism spirit. In the future, if teachers ask you to volunteer for community service, school projects, etc., Mummy encouraged you to go for it as the experience you gained from talking and interacting with people from different walks of life will certainly enrich your school life. School is more than studying. School is a fun place to enjoy new experiences, if and only if you choose to volunteer. Well done, my boy. Mummy is very proud of you.

Warm Regards,
Mummy who also volunteered in Pri School to visit and perform for old folks homes and orphanages.

No comments:

Post a Comment