Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ashley, you're living my dreams....

Dearest Ashley,

Do you know every Thursday morning is Mummy's favourite day? I got to listen to your beautiful voice when you practised your Devotion songs such as Hold me close, Heaven on the inside of me, Century and Mighty To Save for School's Assembly later. It is indeed an honour to lead the singing in front of the whole school. Just you and another P5 singer plus Mr. Peck and a P6 student as the guitarists. Wow! This is awesome!

When I first heard your solo track on the CD, I was shedding tears of joy. Your voice is crystal clear and powerful and you recorded this in one take. Bravo! You know how much Mummy loves to sing. My dream is to cut an album with my kids and some solo tracks. I hope to be like you, to step into the recording studio oneday. You're such a lucky boy to be surrounded by good teachers who appreciate your talent and even got you to record a solo track. Mummy was never given such opportunity when I was your age but I have no regrets when I see my dream is fulfilled by you. I am truly proud of you and am happy to support your passion.

Another dream of mine was to sing and play the piano at the same time. I thank you for teaching me how to play the piano but I find it difficult to remember the keys. Whenever you play the piano, I will be mesmerised by your music. You really have the gift for music and Mummy is very amazed how you could remember the piece in just one day. If you could practise more and familiarize yourself with the notes, you will be even more amazing! Always give your BEST, nothing less. Kieran Kor Kor is an excellent example. He has the gift for Music and he does not take it for granted. He practises every day for 3~4 hours till 2~3am. That's why each time he plays, he takes everyone's breath away!

You go, my boy. With your talent and hardwork, you could join Kieran in Berklee, College of Music in Boston, USA when you grow up.

Love,
Mummy Dearest

No comments:

Post a Comment