Monday, January 31, 2011

Grace under Pressure

Dearest Ashley & Abby,

When Ashley shared with us in the car that some of his classmates cried easily when things did not go well, we could relate to that as we also went through that and we had a good laugh when we recalled the childish behaviours we did when we were younger.

No life is perfect; mine certainly isn't. We all face challenges, both large and small. I fell from a hill in Primary school and my face was hotter than my bruises, I was a loner in secondary school, I was finding my identity in Junior College, I re-took my Engineering paper in University First Year, I witnessed the suffering of my Mother as she went through her cancer treatment, I had a big fight with Daddy in our first year of marriage, I was bed ridden for one week when I was pregnant with Ashley. No one gets through life without experiencing pain and hurt. But you and I have the power to choose to rise above our external circumstances. We always have the choice to be strong and positive when things fall apart. We have the right to use our stumbling blocks as stepping stones to our greatest life.

Besides my Mum, Mummy is deeply inspired by one other Extraordinary Lady who rose above harsh external circumstances when life sent her one of its inevitable curves. Despite her illness, she lives life to the fullest. She truly demonstrates such wonderful grace under pressure. That's what separates leaders from followers. It's that beautiful quality that inspires others and reflects a well-developed spirit. It's a trait that allows you to carve out a spectacular life - one you'll be proud of at the end. She has inspired me to be outrageously energetic and madly alive. Mummy is game to try everything new except Roller Coaster. Ha Ha Ha....

Kids, remember what Mummy always says to you: Crying does not solve the problem. Dry your tears, take a deep breath and think of a solution. It's ok to fail one, twice and as many times as you could possibly can but never give up. There's a beautiful rainbow awaiting you after rain (or tears). Love Love...

Hugs,
Mummy Dearest

No comments:

Post a Comment