Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mum, I have higher EQ!

Dearest Ashley,

Am so happy that you like all your P4 Teachers. That's a great start to P4.

Here's our conversation this morning:

Ashley: Mum, there was a girl from the top class who accidentally joined our class. Our Math teacher had to walk her back to her own class. I have higher EQ. When I walked into the Hall, I looked for Teamwork 3 and the row no. I queued up in row 15 and everybody followed me.

Mum: That's the quality of a leader. See ahead of others and lead your people in the right direction. Well done, Ashley. (Actually, Mum didn't correct you that this trait is not EQ but situational awareness. EQ is the art of dealing with one's and others' emotion. Anyway, continue your good work)

Ashley: Mum, I was nominated by my teammates to be the Project Leader.

Mum: That's nice. Ashley, how would you described your behaviour on your 1st day of school?

Ashley: I seem to talk less and pay more attention in class.

Mum: That's wonderful. Continue your ABC - Attentive, Best Behaviour Courteous!

Cheers!
Mummy Dearest

No comments:

Post a Comment