Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ashley is the Class Monitor!


Dearest Ashley,

Congrats! Mum and Dad are very happy for you. Here's our conversation in the car this evening:

Ashley: Actually I didn't expect it. When my Form Teacher announced that after discussing with my Co-form Teacher and Mr. Peck, they have chosen a new Monitor. When I heard Mr. Peck's name, I'm thinking to myself maybe I stand a chance. When my Form Teacher looked at me and announced that I'm the Monitor, I clapped and my class cheered for me. I'm so happy.

Mum: That's so exciting. It is a great honour to be the Leader of your class. Do you know why you were chosen?

Ashley: My Form Teacher told me that I paid attention in class, didn't talk during lessons and submitted my homework on time. The teachers had been observing me for several weeks.

Mum: Wow! That's so nice to hear that you have transformed into a role model. Well Done. We are very proud of you. Can you see the tears of joy in my eyes?

Ashley: Mum, do you think I should be the Monitor?

Mum: Of course Son. You have the leadership qualities to lead your class. Remember you once told me you're the Shepherd of your class when you were in P2? So, what are the duties of a Class Monitor?

Ashley: Oh, that reminds me that tomorrow morning, I need to take everyone's attendance first thing in the morning. Mum, I need a marker too.

Mum: No worries. Already got one for you at home. Ashley, if you look back, do you think Our Fun Place helps in your transformation to a good student? Your hardwork and daily dose of ABC helps you realise your dreams. Keep up your good work!

Ashley: Thanks Mum.

Hugs,
Mummy Dearest

No comments:

Post a Comment