Sunday, February 6, 2011

Liu Wei, the armless Pianist who won the "China Got Talent" competition

Dearest Ashley,

I always feel somehow we are connected subconsciously. While I was watching Liu Wei's video at 6:45am, you suddenly appeared from your bedroom to join me. We are truly inspired by Liu Wei's extraordinary bravery and perserverance. He lost his arms at a tender age of 10 in a tragic accident, started learning piano at 19 years old using his toes and won the largest Talent show in China at 23 years old. I was very touched by his performance and words. Here are some of his words from the bottom of his heart:

. I only have 2 choices in my life: one is to die and one is to live my life to the fullest

. I'm no different from others. Just that most people are used to using hands to do things but I use my legs.

. No one says I must play piano using my hands, I can play using my legs

. At least I have a pair of Perfect Legs

. There are 3 essential things to keep us alive: Air, Water and Music

. My mum does not expect me to have great achievements but to lead a healthy and meaningful life. But I have big dreams for myself. I want to be a Worl-class Music Producer. I aim to be in the Top three positions in China Got Talent so that my mum can proudly talk about her son to her friends

. We must be responsible for our dreams. To be better than others, we just have to work harder than others

. The numerous setbacks in life is actually setting us up for a beautifl life in the future

Liu Wei reminded us of a very simple life lesson that most of us have forgotten - Focus on what you have, not what you don't have. Pursue your dreams relentlessly and don't give up. Live a meaningful and beautiful life.

Hugs,
Mummy Dearest

No comments:

Post a Comment