Saturday, October 16, 2010

I thank my Mum for being the Meanest Mum in the whole wide world

Dearest Ashley,

You like to look into my iPhone schedule and you figured that Mum manages my day by tight schedule.

When we did our learning profiling, the results were amazingly accurate. I'm an action-oriented learner; Daddy is an analytical learner and you're an adventureous learner.

When I was your age, I planned my day to the minute as I've the Meanest Mum in the whole world. Looking back, I've to thank my mother for being so strict with me. I not only learned how to manage my time effectively, I learned about self-control at a young age. My Mum set limits for us and help us learn to stay within those boundaries. At mealtime, my Mum made us finish what was on our plates; she could track us down in no time flat; my Mum loved schedule and could hold down 3 jobs; we had to clean our rooms, dust, mob, cook and wash our own shoes; no movies or outings with friends till Junior College. But hey, I earned her trust enough that she agreed to let me stay in the university hostel for 4 years.

I grew up to be a healthy, disciplined, hardworking woman married to a man who appreciates and respects those standards of living. And whom do I have to thank for this? You're right, my mean Mum.

Being a Mum is hardwork; being your Mum requires even more hardwork as you are as strong-will as Mummy. Let's make a promise to practise self-control together - I'll try not to yell at you when you misbehave and you'll try to control your emotions and actions ok?

Yours,
Mean Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment