Monday, September 19, 2011

The Best Birthday Gifts I've received

Dearest Ashley and Abby,

Ashley, thank you for making a lovely paper tulip for me on my birthday. Am surprised you figured out yourself as Mummy only taught you simple origami folds like penguin and basketball hoop.  I love it!

Abby, thank you for drawing a beautiful birthday card with thoughtful words, "Thanks Mum for cooking lovely food for us" for me on my birthday. I'm motivated to be the Best Weekend Chef!

Thank you for playing the Birthday songs for me. Thank you for the Wei Wei Kang Kang Musical DVD. You guys were great performers. Best of all, thank you for being obedient, honest and compassionate children. Mummy is truly very proud of both of you. Thank you for making my 39th birthday a special day in my life.

Today marks a new beginning in my life. With your love and patience, I've come to realise the tone of my voice and the look in my eyes, will make or break you.

Last week, I chanced upon Bollywood Veggies's Ms. Ivy-Singh-Lim's interview with FM 93.8's A slice of Life. I was totally blown away by her. The 2 most important lessons I learned from her: 1) Tell our children that they are special and they have the gift to help the less fortunate and 2)Teach them to grow a plant, be close to nature, create things and love people and animals.

I've made a resolution that I will be more patient with you, not judge and nag at you. I'll raise my awareness to check my emotions instead of showing my negative emotions to you.  Mummy also needs to learn to express my feelings in words not act out my frustrations.

Oh ya, not having a domestic helper for nearly 10 months after being served by them for 10 years helped Mummy reached my realisation.  Never know cleaning the house, wishing the dishes and doing the laundry could enlighten me so much.  Now I truly comprehend the saying, "Things happened for a reason". Hehehe...

Hugs,
Mummy Dearest

No comments:

Post a Comment