Sunday, March 6, 2011

NOG The NAG Bird is very proud of his big orange feet!


Dearest Abby & Ashley,


Mummy enjoyed storytime with you, especially last night. Never know a funny book like the NOG The NAG Bird could help me better understand your inner thoughts. Here's our conversation:

Mummy: NOG the Nag Bird hates his big yellow beak and his little wings and most of all he hates his enormous orange feet. It tried so hard to look like the beautiful tweetzie bird with his long shell beak, red dress crown, two giant jubby plant leaves wings and the long branches legs. He looked so ridiculous! He's neither one thing nor the other. When the squonky cat tried to catch them, the tweetzie birds flew away while the nag birds ran for their lives. NOG managed to escape just in time as his big orange feet swept him away like a racing car.

So, kids, what did you learn from this story?

Ashley: My friends may have iPhone in school, bigger bedroom and bigger bed with bigger TV at home, I do not need these things to be happy. I'm happy with what I have. I don't need to follow my friends.

Abby: Lindy and Kathy have many barbie dolls and I have only a few but I'm still happy. In fact, I want to give away my barbie dolls as I've out-grown them already.

Mummy: Wow! These are very good thoughts. You're right. We don't need to follow others to be happy. We just be who we are and lead a contented and happy life. Good sharing, children.

No comments:

Post a Comment