Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mummy's interpretation of 点石成金

Dearest Abby & Ashley,

Mummy met a close friend for breakfast today and after chatting with her, I feel a sense of calmness and 使命感. Everyone defines success differently. For me, success means bringing up good children who will make a positive impact in this world and people around them.

This morning, I was looking at the lyrics of 点石成金 for the first time and suddenly I could feel that my thoughts at that very moment were reflected in the chorous. The English text is my interpretation of the song:

Chorous: 点石成金路会开 (Children are like the gem in the rough. When they are properly guided, they will turn into gem/gold)

翻山越岭都是爱 (We work so hard for them simply because we love them)

脚踏尘土不曾摇摆 (Believe in your faith and stay firm)

谁在云千里之外 (Though we long for others to understand our faith)

点石成金明月在 (The shining moon guides us in the dark/ There's hope even when we are down)

不悔的人在等待 (As we give selflessly, do not expect anything in return)

手握天灯心不更改 (Stay in touch with your heart/faith and have no doubts)

照亮你我的未来 (Shine upon our future) Repeat verse 1,2 and chorous

手握天灯幸福满载 (Believe in your faith and you will be blessed)

天地日月放光彩 (Live everyday with brilliance)

We only have one life.

人生要活得灿烂,活得有意义。我很感激好朋友走进我的世界,丰富了我的人生,为我指引属于我该走的路,让我坚信我最大的任务就是造就孩子们,不离不弃地为他们付出我的爱。

Mummy is very blessed with two wonderful children and am so glad I can share your happiness and sorrow there and then. I was away for 6 days and when I came back home, I could feel you guys have grown so much. Isn't it amazing?

Love,
Mummy Dearest

No comments:

Post a Comment