Saturday, August 24, 2013

The blogger's back!

Gosh, I didn't realise time passed so quickly. Better late than never so here's my 1st blog of 2013. Hmmm...where should I start? Since we were feeling so high & happy yesterday, I shall try to capture our joyful moments here...
Yesterday, when Ashley got into the car, his face was lit up with a very broad smile.
Ashley,”Mum, I’ve 2 good news!”

Mum,”What is it?”
Ashley,”I’m going to Cambodia! I’m the highest in HCL! I’m so happy!”

Mum,”Wow! That’s great news! I’m so happy for you! Let’s go celebrate!”

He called daddy right away to share the good news as we headed to the row of restaurants near NJC. We enjoyed the food and each other's company.
Being the first to share his joy makes me happy.

Last week, we received a call from a secondary school informing us that Ashley got in through DSA. We jumped up with excitement! More than a month ago, I accompanied him to the DSA audition. While waiting for him (>1 hour), I walked around the school and fell in love with the school. The school was buzzing with energy and excitement with many students jogging around the school and sports practices going on. There was a group of boys playing piano too. What a lovely sight.
During the last week of June holiday, Celine was very nice to offer her place for the boys to study. To me, the best part was not the academic aspect but the musical collaboration. The duo came together so naturally and their music flowed beautifully. I was so glad that I recorded their wonderful recital "River flows in you".
We had a lot of fun during our Penang vacation. Lone Pine was an excellent choice! The kids were having so much fun in the spacious hotel room (plus the toilet) and the beach at our doorstep. They simply loved the Adventure zone, zipping down the blue and red slides. The two older boys did parasailing! Kudos to them as I can never do that! Our brood did banana boat and donut! Our Fairy Godmother took so many nice photos! Ah mah was very nice to help Abby & Ashwyn washed the seashells they collected. 

I'll insert the videos and photos another time so as to preserve my train of thoughts. I can't wait to pen down all the little precious memories!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment