Saturday, August 24, 2013

Cats out of my bag!

Tonight, my kids got to know the cats out of my bag. It all started when Ashley shared with us in the car that one of his school mates teased his friend who failed the HCL paper. He was very mad and stood up for his friend. He also shared how he and his friends detest people who tried to put others down. He even mentioned that one teacher shamed his friend in class for getting the lowest mark in a compo.

We encourage him not to have negative thoughts about the teacher and focus on his PSLE. I assured him that I will back him up after PSLE. He just have to his job (do well in PSLE) and I'll do mine, as before. I cited various incidents that I helped him in the background how I navigated through effectively to reap positive results. I shared with him that I didn't share with you earlier as I felt that he didn't have the maturity then but now, I can trust him to handle the info with caution. He was sold!

I reiterated 3 lessons here:

1. When you share your joy, your joy doubled; When you share your problem, your problem halved.
2. Forgive and Forget -> try to be more understanding, you'll be happier.
3. You can always count on your parents but we can't solve all your problems. You need to solve your own problems. We can only advise and sometimes, depending on situation, we'll sprinkle some magic dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment