Saturday, August 24, 2013

Abby's gentleness and kindness

Dearest Abby,

Mum is grateful to have such a gentle and kind daughter like you. Your acts of kindness have touched many people's hearts. I could share so many stories gathered just from this week...

You may not want how much you have calmed my mind & soul when you accompanied me on piano while I sang Chinese oldies like 海鸥, 酒干倘卖无, 走在阳光里 & 至少还有你. I enjoy the quiet and joyful moments with you singing in the car while driving you to school and gym class. Thank you for sharing my interest in songs way back in the 80s. Mum will try to sing "True Friends" by Miley Cyrus with you though I go off key quite often.

You were down with stomach flu on Mon & Tue. I could sense your pain and agony from your frail look and pale lips. When you feel like vomiting, you would run to the toilet bowl and none of the vomit was spilled outside the bowl. On our way home after seeing the doctor, you dozed off and slept for more than an hour in the car. I couldn't bear to wake you up and stayed in the car with you while you slept. You did not whine once, just ask me to read you "Ballet shoes" classic novel while you rest in bed. You're such a darling even when you're sick.

On Wed, Aunty Baolian came to help us clean the house. When I stepped out of my shower, she was happily sharing with me that you assured her that it was ok if she accidentally broke your lego creations as you could fix them back later. She complimented you for your sweetness and kindness as some kids would scream at her for touching their toys.

On Thursday, over at the breakfast table, you gave me the sweetest smile and shared with me that your Chinese teacher did not ask you about your stomach flu but your ballerina bun instead. She asked you who help you tied the beautiful bun and you answered Mummy. I could see your little eyes sparkled with pride and joy. So the next naturally thing was a request to design a new hairdo which was victoria pleats you learned in DES! Merrily, you wore the new hairstyle to school. The teacher commented that you wear a nice different hairdo everyday and that makes your day and mine too.

In school, you're well liked by your friends and teachers. You're a very thoughtful Class Monitress. You brought at least 7 story books to school to share with your friends everyday; you thought hard and long how to keep the class in order. The "ah ha" moment came and you eagerly shared with me that you could play the Chinese whisper game. At the end of the game, the group with the correct message would each receive a sweet. Sounds good! So off we went to NTUC to buy a packet of sweets. I waited anxiously to listen to your day after dismissal. You kinda of sad that you didn't maange to play the game but had given out all 48 sweets to your classmates during recess. You even proposed to buy another packet of sweet next month which we did.

Ah ma always praised your kindness as you always think of others first. Like mum & dad, she is so happy to have a thoughtful and compassionate grand-daughter like you. Mummy has more stories to share but now I need to hurry to prepare lunch before your dancing class. Love you, our darling.

Bear hugs,
Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment