Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The little Surprises in store for me by Abby

Dearest Abby,

You never fail to give me little surprises each day. Last evening, Mummy brought you and Ashley Koko to Ah Mah's playground. While Koko and Mummy were playing badminton, you waited patiently for your turn at the swing. After 10 minutes, you finally get to sit on the swing and you were swinging by yourself. Mummy suddenly realised you have grown so much compared to the times when you sat on my lap and we swing and sang together.

You were so brave when you took the lead to sing solo at the Residents' Night. As Ashley was busy with his buddies, Mummy asked you if you would like me to accompany you on stage, I was taken aback by your reply. You said," It's ok, Mummy. You just video me and I will go on stage by myself."

You surprised everyone including Mummy when you sang the entire Mama song at Kieran's 21st birthday concert. You sang with such clarity and grace.

Though it was alot of hardwork during the 4-day Music camp, you were always smiling when we picked you up at 10pm after your camp. Your performance at the Art House was stunning! Mum and Dad were impressed by your confident stage presence and elephant memory, of course.

When you danced on stage, you did not look at the big jie jie as you remembered all the steps. Mummy was so proud of you when teachers told me they named you the leader of your team. Well done!

You wanted to learn violin right from the start. Even though Mummy and teacher Angeline advised you to start with the piano, you insisted on the violin. You know what you want at 4.5 years old.

When Mummy's Thai friends visited us at our home, the adults were pleasantly surprised when you served them drinks without being told.

When Mummy was tired, you would massage me with your little fingers.

When Mummy wanted to buy you a new toy, you would say,"Mummy, don't buy, I have alot of toys already." You hardly asked me buy things for you except the bus for your little friends and the mic and recorder for you to record your singing.

When Mummy reached Ah Mah's home after work, Ah Mah would sing praises of you saying how well you behaved and the songs and poems you taught your little cousin Amanda.

Mummy is very lucky to have a understanding, kind, confident and talented daughter like Abby. Thank you for all the little surprises and gifts you have showered on me. I love you with all my heart.

Yours,
Mummy who loves to sing and swing with my little Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment