Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ashley's 1st Pei Hwa's Cultural Exchange trip!




Dearest Ashley,

Mummy is so happy to see you in the bus. Abby and I can't wait to hug you the moment you got off the bus. You look tired but still in high spirits. We thanked the Teachers for taking care of you throughout the 3-Day Malacca trip, especially today when you vomited after drinking mixed fresh milk and apple juice. On our way to the car, we overheard your school mate telling her Mum that you volunteered to mix the chicken poo and other ingredients in an activity in the International School. You are indeed very sporting! I like your fun-loving spirit!

While you were away for the 2 nights, Mummy waited impatiently for your call. During our first overseas call, you shared with Mum that you learned about bravery and generosity from Zheng He. You even bought a $7 Ringgit Zheng He ship key chain for Dad. So sweet of you. Very smart of you to also pack Monopoly Deal to play with your roommates, J-En and Spencer. You sounded very mature on the phone.

On your second night, you shared with me that you bought bracelets for Abby, Lindy and Kathy and a little purse for me. I wonder how you stretched the $50 Ringgit.

This morning, I was worried when Mdm Foo called me to inform me that you vomited and would accompany you to the clinic. She is indeed a very caring teacher. After lunch, she even smsed to inform me that you had taken the medicine and dozed off. At 2:40pm, she smsed me that you were singing praises happily and leading the rest in the bus. You even sang Baby Baby and the entire bus joined in. Wow! You just held your 1st public concert, son! Mummy is truly proud of you to bounce back so quickly from your stomach ache and vomiting. See, your choice to enjoy the trip despite the little setup has set you up for your very 1st public concert with a bus full of Fans! I admire your positive attitude, son!

Mum is also very impressed by the gifts you bought for the family. You used your last Ringgit to buy bread for Ah Gong & Ah Mah instead of buying the Angry Bird toy touched my heart. Son, you've shown that you put your loved ones before self. Mummy is very proud of you. Am sure Ah Gong and Ah Mah are very glad to have a thoughtful grandson like you.

I feel that you have matured over the 3 days in Malacca. You have proven to Mum and Dad that you can take care of yourself and your roommates. With that, we will certainly approve your next cultural exchange trip to anywhere the school takes you. Cheers!

Yours,
Proud Mum & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment