Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Guess what is your Grandpa's Proudest Moment?

Dearest Ashley,

Can you guess what is your Grandpa's Proudest Moment? Give you a clue: It has got to do with you. Guessed it?

He shared this with me in his most relaxed moment after his spa and a sumptuous lunch,"The Proudest Moment in my life is the day I became a Grandpa." That was the day you were born. I was so touched as I never expected that. I thought my Father would say the day when I entered University.

Indeed, when I looked back on the photos and videos of you and your Grandpa, he was always beaming with joy. I remembered I videoed Grandpa put you in a sarong when you were 4 months old and he hung a black and a white stuff toy puppies around the sarong so that you could see the black and white toys while you were in the sarong. I broke into laughter as he actually bothered to find a black and white stuff toy after I told him that black and white objects help babies in their focus. So sweet of him.

Do you remember Grandpa walked you to Nursery everyday? After school, he would buy you your favourite breakfast set of 2 eggs, 2 kaya toast and a cup of Milo? Do you remember he walked you up the hill behind his flat in the morning for Qigong? The list goes on....

As you entered Kindergarten and Primary school, you only get to see him every Saturday evening. Though the time with you has reduced signifcantly, I know that in Grandpa's heart, you're always in his mind constantly. Do you also always think of Grandpa?

For most kids, out of sight is out of mind. I think I know the answer. Won't you think a phone call from you would make his day? I know having fun is most kids' priority but having a grateful heart is the most important. You are a very blessed child surrounded by family and friends who love you. Remember to reciprocate the love as for it is in the giving that we receive.

Here are some lovely Giving and Receiving quotes I'll like to share with you:

"Before giving, the mind of a giver is happy; while giving, the mind of a giver is made peaceful; and having given, the mind of the giver is uplifted."
-Buddha-

"It is not how much we give but how much love we put into giving."
-Mother Teresa-

"Every charitable act is a stepping stone towards heaven."
-Henry Ward Beecher-

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."
-Winston Churchill-

"Giving people a little more than they expect is a good way to get back more than you'd expect."
-Robert Half-

"Before you speak, listen; Before you write, think; Before you spend, earn; Before you invest, investigate; Before you criticize, wait; Before you pray, forgive; Before you quit, try; Before you retire, safe; Before you die, give."
-William A. Ward-

Yours,
Mum who constantly thinks of you

No comments:

Post a Comment