Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Best Buddy, Ashley

Dearest Ashley,

As I watched you sleeping soundly on the mattress, Mummy’s heart is filled with lots of emotions. We spent a wonderful night at home reading a Chinese storybook, watching you played the piano and playing the new iPad game that really forces Mummy to use my head.

Last night you had an emotional outbreak in the car. As your Mum, I know why you behaved so abruptly after a wonderful evening playing piano with Kieran and having dinner at Jones the Grocer (cheese shop). You felt that I did not pay enough attention to you. I must admit that sometimes Mummy might have neglected you and can be insensitive at times. Please understand Mummy has lots to think about and was too engrossed that I missed what you said sometimes.

Deep in my heart, I love you for who you are. You have a great sense of humor like what Mr. Peck said. Your cheekiness was apparent in home videos taken when you were much younger.

Sometimes, Mummy worries that you might get into trouble in school but my concern vanished into the thin air after I spoke with your teachers during the recent Parent-Teachers conference. Your English and Form Teacher said you helped her alot as the English Rep; your Chinese Teacher said she depends on you and some cheeky boys in class to response to her Qs though she feels that you could have done better in your CA1; your Science Teacher said that you remembered your P3 & P4 work and did well in CA1 and she feels that you will score better in SA1; your Math Teacher feels that you can handle straight forward Qs but need more practice in the challenging Qs. I'll always remember what you said to me in the car few weeks ago, "Mum, don't worry. I behave differently in school. I am mature". I know, son. You have shown your maturity and self-control when you agreed to play your new Naruto Wii game tomorrow.

Mummy is very happy that you want to involve me in your activities like watching Naruto, playing piano, doing problem sum.com and swimming etc. In fact, you're a very good Teacher as you have the talents and patience to teach. However, Mummy prefers to be your Fan than your student :)

I know SA1 is around the corner. With your daily dose of focus and attentiveness in class and some revision at home, you'll be just fine. Cheers!

Love You Always,
Mummy Dearest

No comments:

Post a Comment